<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

10 October 2006

The Departed Wear Prada 

Oops, totally forgot to tell you I saw The Devil Wears Prada and The Departed over the weekend. Both fine films. A little bit disappointed in the ending of The Departed, but the rest of the film was really great. I even liked Leonardo DiCaprio for once! And in Prada I thought Meryl Streep (no surprise there) and especially Stanley Tucci were magnificent. I am increasingly impressed with Tucci, actually. Anyway, all in all I would recommend both films, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be Scorsese's flick. Very well put together and of course a stellar cast, especially Jack Nicholson and dearest Ray Winstone.

Over to telly...what on earth is Matt Day doing with his phoney British accent appearing in Spooks? I'm telling you--and this has nothing to do with Matt (who, in my mind, is still 18 years old and running after Sophie Heathcote in A Country Practice)--this series is shifting its focus alarmingly fast from global terror to sickeningly mushy romantic side-stories and I don't like it one bit. If they're getting rid of yet another character (and I am talking about Harry here), they've lost one of their biggest fans for good.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.