<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

27 December 2006

...and Then She Started Shedding 

I am currently shedding dry skin off of my nose. Dandruff, anyone?

So, and this has nothing to do with dandruff (I think) - I got the next two series of Waiting for God for Christmas, plus a few books, a couple of CDs, some soup (this may sound odd, but it was actually one of the most appreciated gifts I had all Christmas), a new brolly (a small one), another calendar (but this one I'm actually going to use, as opposed to the several calendars we've got from various local fast food restaurants for our patronage (oops) - even though one of them does show both English and Chinese bank holidays), some gift certificates and some other bits and bobs. Since I was alone I decided to spread the gift unwrapping a little bit across the day and opened the last one just before I started preparing for lunch.

Lunch lasted for just about all of The Snowman and the plates and bowls had been removed by the time the Queen popped up on the screen. So much for overeating. Didn't even finish one portion. And the desserts were so rich I felt like a millionaire after eating a few mouthfuls.

And I almost made my way through Christmas without watching Love Actually, but then I suddenly got this urge to see Bill Nighy, Alan Rickman and Colin Firth, and what better way than to watch the one film that puts them all together, eh? By the way, to those who have been wondering what Rickers is saying to Emma after the school play, you're not alone. Listen to the commentaries on the DVD.

Speaking of commentaries, I would really recommend the commentaries to This is Spinal Tap. It brings a new dimension to this already fantastic film, as the three actors Guest, McKean and Shearer stay in character as their alter egos/stage personas throughout the whole thing. It's quite brilliant.

And if I haven't said this already...you must see Best in Show. Seriously. In fact, anything with these guys (Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind and the brand new For Your Consideration). Or else you will simply have to be spanked. And not in a good way, either.

Woke up this morning to the most wonderful trail on BBC...apparently the long-awaited umpteenth series of Waking the Dead will be back "soon". Yum. And speaking of trails...they have started showing the trail for Perfume on telly. Slightly desperate for another film with Rickers by now.

I think I am going to vote for the inauguration of Midsomer Murders: Ghosts of Christmas Past as the traditional murder mystery for Christmas. I think ITV may be ahead of me, though, as they have been showing it three years in a row now. It's just that you can never have enough Quastiness, and this is the best showcase for that quality. Well, if not the best at least certainly good enough! Awaiting the arrival of Javert - Misunderstood Copper, a drama series of 52 episodes where Quast is contractually obliged to appear in every single scene.

OK, maybe that would be a tad too much even for me.

Every other scene, then. But then we'd need 60+ episodes. And lots of plot.

Good luck to the writers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.