<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

01 December 2006

What Fun 

Apart from the fact that seeing a raw turkey up close could possibly turn me into a vegetarian, it appears that I mastered this roast turkey thing on the first try, which is a huge relief. I shall have to perfect my timing, though. My flatmate was the guinea pig today as I served turkey with overcooked potatoes (oops), carrots that were cold in the middle (uhmm), rather nice sprouts (although I can't stand more than four or five in one sitting) and gravy which tasted quite brilliant, so all in all a half decent dress rehearsal. Luckily we both agreed the turkey itself was very nice, because I spent the whole day in the kitchen in order to make sure it was done correctly. Also, I have enough turkey for about 20 dinners. :-)

My fingers smell of onion, though.

And to top it all, today, after having seen four episodes without a bloody clue, the plot of The State Within finally stood before me, crystal clear. We've been watching the series since it started, agreeing about the fact that it's brilliant even though we've been having great difficulties in following the story, but we had to wait until the fifth week to tie it all together. Of course, it helped enormously that Jason Isaacs is the lead. *smirks*

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
Congrats.. but .. it could be beginner's luck you know ;-) .. to further optimal honing and development of perfection please abide by this piece of invaluable advice from an undisputed turkey buff:

Most recipes lead to overcooking and less than really tender meat. Check up on the gizzard, if it's green you're in luck, 'cause then it's been properly fed .. grass, herbs, dandelions and all .. just like my own birds in my proudest moments when I collected gourmet turkey food from Kongsbergian meadows. Green gizzard stands for potentail superb quality, so go a bit easy on the cooking. Don't hesitate to solicit further expert advice as your relationship with turkeys deepen!;-)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.