<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

14 February 2007

The Brits 

So just a few days after the BAFTAs, an even more exciting award ceremony took place in London (minus Marton Csokas, but nevertheless more fun). I was overly pleased with most of the awards, not entirely displeased with any of them, and exceedingly glad Lily Allen got none of them. Hooray, I say! It was meant to be her year, and she went away with absolutely nothing, nada, zilch and zip. I couldn't be happier if I was suddenly told my credit cards had been paid off (and believe me, that would make me delirious...in a good way). I know, schadenfreude is my forte tonight.

I totally forgot to comment upon the return of the fantastic Life on Mars yesterday, probably because I wasn't completely concentrating on the story. I was mainly annoyed by the fact they are going to ruin a perfectly good series by transforming it into an American one for the US market. Grow up. I understand they would have problems with some of the local dialects and historical references, and I understand that from a producer's point of view the more people would watch the series, the more money they earn, of course, but why do they have to adapt brilliant stories just so that Americans who can't be bothered peeking outside of their own borders would "get" the story? It seems like everything has to be adapted to the US population, just like a spoilt brat--chewed and already digested for their convenience.

So when President Putin said last week that the world had indeed turned into a one-superpower world and everyone had to bow to US demands and every little whim, the US representatives started sulking and said that they do not want to run the world by themselves and the rest of us had better hand them their toys back or they would go tell their "mom". Once again, grow up.

One of the best things about the US, however, is the fact that the more than half of the population who do not agree with the Bush administration, can and do speak their mind. Much thanks to this, so can (and do) I. After all, like everything else, the Internet is basically run from the US.

Imagine if we were all censored like the people of the "People's" Republic of China.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.