<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

29 March 2007

On Tuesday we went to our first (of, hopefully, many) film quiz(zes) at the local cinema. It was good fun, even though we drank way too much (I had Diet Coke, since I was going to work the next day and am such a prude). We won the first round. Well, we would have, but then the quizmaster forgot us during the tie-break and gave the victory to somebody else even though we had the closest answer to his question. The guys next to us loudly exclaimed that we were the actual winners, causing us great embarrassing and apparently this "gesture" seemed to suggest we should help them through the next six rounds. We ended up with a Will Hunter action doll from the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Anyway, the evening was well spent (even though I did miss Julian Clary on BBC2) and the next even better. On Wednesday we went out for dinner after work and then on to see the highly acclaimed Boeing Boeing at the Comedy Theatre. That was well worth the money! I would recommend it to anyone who has the least bit of knack for comedy. Michelle Gomez was absurdly brilliant, the rest of the cast (minus Tamzin Outhwaite, who was just not as good as the others, sorry to say) were top class and we laughed a lot. I laughed out loud more than I usually do, but then again I really love the odd farce.

Today I got the anticipated recordings of Fiddler on the Roof (Broadway, 2004) and Man of La Mancha (Broadway, 2002/2003) and have listened to both already. Great music when tidying up. And the tidying up was needed, especially since I have figured out I should move my computer to where it doesn't overheat all the time. I have been pushing it too hard, poor thing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.