<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

01 July 2007

And Now...July 

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for the second time (in two years, mind) and I can hardly contain myself for the next three weeks to see what happens in the end. I have a very, VERY bad feeling I will not like the outcome (let's just say things are not going the way I was hoping they would). But J.K. keeps summoning surprises all the time, so I still have a little faith (I think it is called "naïvety"). So in three weeks' time it'll all be over and I will quite possibly feel like I have wasted the past five and a half years on a story that didn't have the ending I was hoping for, yet at the same time it is so well written I am sure I will read the series a few times more in my lifetime.

I think the big Concert for Diana is underway over at the Wembley Arena; I am at work, so will record it and fast forward through it later in the week. Since we're on the highest possible alert at the moment, the spectators probably had to sustain rigid security checks before being allowed in.

Yesterday's Dame Edna show made me reach for one of my k.d. lang DVD's (fans will nod knowingly (and, possibly, with a smirk) when I say Harvest of Seven Years - Cropped and Chronicled) and what was supposed to be a five-minute-glimpse turned into a viewing of the whole DVD so I didn't go to bed until half past midnight. Of course, I woke up several times during the night worrying about not having any water in the house, but by the time I got up in the morning and went into the bathroom, the water had mysteriously re-appeared overnight and I was able to flush the toilet and have a shower. Which was nice. We even went to the pub yesterday in order to go to the toilet and wash our hands! OK, I'm lying. It was merely an added bonus to our visit, which had been planned as a "last night being able to smoke in the pub" kind of thing, before today's smoking ban took over. And no, I haven't started smoking again all of a sudden, it was my flatmate's "last smoking wish".

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.