<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 July 2007

Good Mamet News 

We will be able to see David Mamet's Glengarry Glen Ross this autumn, which is very good news. I have never seen it on stage, but really liked the film adaptation and like Mamet's work in general.

For your information, yesterday's Sweeney Todd was, fortunately, nothing like my dream. The staging was nicely done, no one faltered and although they did move about in the audience on several occasions, I was nowhere near them and could not have messed it up for the actors even if I wanted to. Well, perhaps if I had stood up and shouted something like "This is the worst fucking version I have ever seen! I hope you all die a painful death!" This, of course, would have led to my immediate forced departure from the auditorium, so I chose not to do so. I have a second chance tonight, though, and a third tomorrow, so there is still time and ample opportunity!

I do, in fact, have two tickets for tomorrow's evening performance, as I noticed yesterday the perfect seat for some serious Philip Quast spotting, as opposed to my rather lame seat at the back of the balcony tonight. Luckily there was still one seat available in this section. Of course, knowing my luck, now that I have mentioned it online, I have probably jinxed it and he will not appear in tomorrow evening's performance. Tut, tut.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.