<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

16 July 2007

Guess Where... 

...I'm supposed to be right now? The National, Lyttleton. But thanks to the always unreliable London Underground I missed the play. The train, which should have taken 20 minutes to get there, took instead 45 minutes, and by the time I got off at Waterloo I just jumped right onto the train back home. At that point the play had already started and it would have taken me another eight minutes to get there, which is just embarrassingly late.

Then I realised it is Monday the 16th, which is my Friday the 13th. Duh. I knew I shouldn't have laid any plans.

I went back home and picked up my ticket for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Wednesday and then treated myself to a honeydew and a cantaloupe melon. Well deserved, I think, after having wasted £27.50 on a ticket and even £4 on the bloody trip downtown (I didn't even punch out anywhere, so how they can justify charging me £4 for the trip, I don't know. But I guess they'll have to get the £550 million they're over budget from somewhere).

Now I'm really cross. Still, have to stay positive. At least I wasn't going to see any of my favourite actors or anything. Speaking of which, congrats to Dennis Storhøi on his 47th birthday yesterday!

Once again, I just have to mention the newest album of Erasure's. It really is terrific! It's like I have gone back to my teens, when I could listen to the same album over and over. I just can't put this one away! Mad woman.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
They can justify the £4.00 charge as you have actually used the service to its fullest extent. That is to say there and back.
 
My point was I did not punch out anywhere. Since LUL claim that the price for a single ticket using an Oyster card is GBP 1, even if they charged me both times I used the card (at the same station, in Zone 3), they charged me double. I doubt their system is psychic and knows whether I actually went to Zone 1 or stayed within my own Zone when I did not punch out downtown.
 
The fact of the matter is you still used the transport service. As a sidenote they will give you a refund if you return to the station you topped up the card from within 10 minutes of tapping in.
 
You mean I was not charged double? In that case I must have misunderstood their fares, sorry.
 
you are normally charged £2.00 after tapping in or out and this is dependent on the zone and time of travel.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.