<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

07 July 2007

Harsh...but Ultimately Fair Criticism 

I am initially quoting this blog entry because Philip Quast and the importance of education comes out on top in it, but I must say I also agree with most of the other notes. Now, I like Maria Friedman and would love to blame it on bad sound, but her take on Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd is perhaps not the ultimate one. Still, I enjoyed the performance even tonight (although I was once again sat next to an elderly man with a very narrow nasal passage and who kept nodding off constantly; let's hope tomorrow's neighbour is a bit less annoying) and was surprised to see that even the very back of the balcony had a good view. Unfortunately I am short-sighted (mostly physically, sometimes also mentally, but that's another story) and had to bring out the binoculars for the more interesting scenes (which, strangely enough, all happened to feature Judge Turpin, hmm...), but it was not a bad seat and certainly not for that kind of money.

As a side-note, as I was walking down the stairs after the show, some guys around my age were talking about the concert and how little time they had had to prepare for it, when a man sounding middle-aged (they were all walking behind me) said "if I may just cut in, I was here yesterday, and it was much improved today. Yesterday they didn't seem to know where to go, they were all over the place," whereupon I wanted to turn around and say "excuse me for cutting in, but I was here yesterday too and have no idea what you're talking about. They were in the exact same spot as yesterday!" Apart from the fact that Bryn Terfel skipped a line, but Maria Friedman saved him. Good thing the orchestra weren't playing at the time, because that would have fucked it up.

And on that cursing note, I bid you all a good night.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.