<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

08 July 2007

Laying Sweeney to Rest 

Moving on to something new, starting tomorrow, but will have to comment upon tonight's last performance of Sweeney Todd. For once I did not sit next to an elderly man with a nasal problem, but happened to sit behind a very small child who wriggled around in his seat and basically ruined most of the performance for at least three of us, with a couple more being disturbed by him at certain points during the show. I had been much more annoyed if it weren't for the fact that I already knew what was happening, and (most of all) that he managed to keep fairly still during the most important scenes.

Apart from annoying kids (and especially their parents, for bringing them in the first place) the show was as good as it has been these past few days, and this time it was Maria Friedman's turn to forget her lines, which caused a spontaneous applause.

I also feel I have definitely not mentioned Bryn Terfel enough. He was of course the headliner and I must say it was a privilege to have seen him live. I've also come to the conclusion of late that I most certainly prefer baritones and bass-baritones. So now you know.

Oh, and we waited by the stage door. Not sure why. I haven't done that since...well, actually, not more than a few months ago, but that was also by accident. Anyway, we entertained ourselves for a little more than an hour, and when monsieur Quast appeared and signed just about anything you would throw at him (I presume, as I was watching from a few metres away for once) before leaving after about eight minutes, we could finally leave as well. We also spotted Joanna Lumley and Matt Lucas among the audience, by the way.

The evening was rounded off by a quick visit to the local KFC. I haven't eaten there since 1998. I sort of don't eat there on principle, because of some shady dealings when it comes to poultry (on KFC's side, not mine), but what to do when it's past midnight and it's the only place that's still open, eh?

And best not forget today it's two years since the attack on London and there was this tiny concert chain around the world by the name of Live Earth.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.