<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

13 July 2007

Scary Politics 

As I am known for not exactly holding my tongue when it comes to US politics, I thought it would be high time for a look at local politcs as well. And then I find that Boris Johnson is considering running as mayoral candidate here in London. For people not very familiar with British politics, it would be almost as electing Bush on the intelligence scale. They also have very similar ways of expressing themselves. Where Bush makes up his own words, Johnson (or "Boris", as he is better known) blurts out any words he can think of and then realises maybe 75% of them weren't very clever. He is constantly seen apologising for some stupid remark.

And to think he is the Shadow Minister for Higher Education. How embarrassing. No wonder this country is going to the dogs.

I think it's about time I took part in politics, but I'm a bit old-fashioned in the sense that I would like to at least be able to VOTE before I start harassing people in the streets with pamphlets and slogans. And in order to vote, I will have to be a British citizen. Fat chance of that happening anytime soon, in other words.

Labels:

Comments:
Surely the politican in question had some level of intelligence not only to have been elected as a Minister of Parliament but to have sat as a Shadow Cabinet member. I think the phrase you are looking for is eccentric rather than lacking any intelligence.
 
I assume you think of Bush--who has been elected not only minister, but President of the United States--to be unintelligent, as all I said was that Boris Johnson and Bush were at almost the same level on the intelligence scale?
 
Boris wasnt born with a silver spoon in his mouth nor was his daddy a former president. If you read my comment you would understand that Boris is actually very intelligent. You dont become the editor in chief of a leading Journal by being inept.
 
I believe his dad was an MEP? Anyway, I am sure Boris is intelligent enough to have deserved his classical education, but unfortunately one should be able to show some tact and diplomacy as well when being in office. So far the prospect of Boris representing London is a scary one.
 
"So far the prospect of Boris representing London is a scary one"...Can you honestly with your hand on your heart really think it is realistic that Boris will win the election to become Mayor?
 
Stranger things have definitely happened. Boris Johnson is a popular and high-profile candidate, Ken Livingstone has been making a few well-publicised mistakes lately, and this may lead to surprises. Of course, many parties and coalitions are yet to elect and confirm their candidates, so we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.