<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 August 2007

Wandin Valley Revisited 

Not quite like Brideshead Revisited, for which I am grateful. But anyway, a couple of weeks ago I bought the first three series of A Country Practice on DVD and started watching it from the beginning...something which I'm afraid I hadn't done before. I know this is a great disappointment to you all, but I have obviously been lying when I've said I've seen every episode of this series before. Apparently, there is at least one, perhaps two series I missed completely, because there are people there I don't remember having seen before at all and also a few of my questions from the first time around have been answered (background stories etc.). It's a thrill watching the show again; unfortunately it will take me many years to gather all the episodes, as--basically--they haven't released more than the first three series yet, and I think there were ten or so in total.

Of course, the most important episodes are in the fourth series (read: the ones with Philip Quast in them), but I have also managed to expand my Quast collection with a few hard-to-find gems from the eighties lately and don't really feel the urge to see yet another clip of him in his late twenties right now. I watched a bit of Around the World in 80 Ways the other day and had to turn it off when he started jumping around in his yellow shorts shouting something about his 'nana. That's just disturbing.

I had an awful dream last night; it was very eventful and also very difficult to cope with once I woke up, but the funny parts were when I shouted abuse at some Swedish actors who were performing in Oslo, because I apparently thought they should "keep their filthy sense of humour in the Swedish gutter" (the actors in question were in fact mostly known for being in a popular soap/drama in the nineties (in real life), and that show was only unintentionally funny), and when I was stalking Anders Hatlo for some bizarre reason. The funny thing was that he knew I was stalking him, and didn't really bother. But when I inherited a London house from someone who had hanged themselves the dream turned very nasty indeed and I must say I'll probably remember this one for years. Dream interpreters are more than welcome to just look away, really.

In other news we went to see The Bourne Ultimatum on Monday and this is the first time I think an action film like that would be better to watch on a smaller screen. The filming was so restless and difficult to follow that I became dizzy in places and had to look away. It was definitely action-packed, though, and I loved the fact that David Strathairn was in it a lot.

I have also become the official Norwegian voice on our company's automated telephone system, so when people phone us, they will always hear my voice. Poor things! It was all very weird recording it, especially as my voice is even darker than I thought it was! I sound horrible! Help! But it's weird at the same time, as I've always been told that I sound like my mum on the phone, but she certainly doesn't sound like that! Hmmmmmmmmm...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.