<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

02 October 2007

Money, Money, Money 

I can't even begin to explain to you how relieved I am right now when I didn't spend all of my money on a ticket on this (the last sentence of the first paragraph should pretty much sum up why).

Also sorry about the irregular updates, it seems I keep forgetting I actually have a blog these days.

In the news for today; my flatmate has finally started drama school (yesterday), and I was just about as excited as she was about her first day there. Apparently they were all very nice and she had a lovely time. Hopefully this will be a good experience for her. My own pursuit for eternal glory and happiness by writing myself into the minds of theatre audiences around the world is slowly moving in the right direction, but I really wish my job was closer to my flat so that I wouldn't waste three hours every day just commuting. It would help enormously. I remember a time when I would work full-time and be home at 4:30. I wrote quite a lot back then AND I had time for watching a film, going out, going to the theatre etc. Nowadays, by the time I have had my dinner and done the chores (because I still have chores...which is probably the result of living under a roof. Most people have to clean from time to time), there's usually the news and some drama or comedy to watch and then perhaps 30 mins by the computer before I am heading for Bedfordshire again at around 11. Which I still consider to be very early. Where did my carefree days go? Oh, right, they ended the day I had my first summer job and realised that from there on out, at least until my late sixties, I would never have a two-month summer holiday again and with it came the feeling that I was supposed to be a responsible adult.

I really must stop thinking about these things. All in all I'm currently in a happy place but am determined to make things even better.

Joined a discussion earlier today (an online discussion, that is) about people not having enough time because they're keeping themselves very busy after work--hobbies etc. This was a discussion which started due to an article in a Norwegian paper and boy, do those people know how to moan! I am increasingly embarrassed about where I come from. I'm still more proud than embarrassed, but the pride dwindles every day, thanks to my realising that Norwegians, with the highest living standard in the world (just ask the UN), are extremely self-orientated and so full of themselves they don't seem to understand that they really should stop their moaning and bitching. It's due to decades of social-democratic governments creating the welfare state and the general public being so hung up on being comfortable all the time that they would now rather blame the government for every little shitty thing that happens in their life instead of realising they could just do something about it themselves. "There was no butter in my fridge this morning, because the government hadn't bought any after I used the rest yesterday" is the general line of thought, it seems. And the biggest reason for my embarrassment is of course that I probably used to be like that, and am struggling with changing my view on things (although it helps a lot just living outside of Norway, seeing the reality elsewhere). A lot of people in this country think the same way, but here you could actually find proper poor people, and that puts things in a different light altogether.

I have no idea where that rant came from. My apologies to those who are still with me. On a lighter note, uhmm...errr...let's find something...oh yes, these days most of the shows I watch return for a new series, and this will keep me busy for a very long time! Now, THAT was interesting, wasn't it? /logoff

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.