<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

20 October 2007

Oh, Happy Day! 

The postal strike is finally over, after three weeks of no deliveries (ok, there was one rogue delivery), so I have finally got my long-awaited (we're talking four years here) Hamlet (Branagh) DVD and the brand new Football Manager 2008 by post. Of course, I am at work, so will have to wait till I get back home, but still good news.

And then, to top it off, my favourite headmaster, Albus Dumbledore of Harry Potter fame, turns out to be gay. Didn't we all (especially the guys over at FanFic.net who will now probably die and go to slash heaven) just know it?

Speaking of gay, I met one of my (competent) co-workers (more on that later) in the shop today and he seemed a bit flustered when he saw me. I had the distinct feeling I wasn't meant to see him with the guy he was there shopping with. Come on, puh-leeze. My gaydar was bleeping frantically the first time I saw him.

Any-hoo, since I'm in such a good mood, I am going to cheer for England in the rugby World Cup finals today. I won't be wasting my time actually watching the match, but I hope they beat the Springboks. You didn't know there was something called the rugby World Cup? Well, you're probably not the only one. In fact, most people don't know and don't care. A bit like the Commonwealth Games. Or the curling championships. Or the skiing World Cup. Ring a bell? Thought it would.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
The Rugby World Cup is probably the biggest proof that everything is relative. When I visited my friend in Hickville... er... Sandefjord, he had no idea that there was such a thing going on - and who can blame him, with NO mention of it in the Norwegian newspapers. However, in a few selected countries, it is HUGE. I mean, what's next - ski jumping NOT being a world popular sport?! And while we're on the subject, the baseball World Series starts tonight, but you didn't know that, did you? ;)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.