<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

30 November 2007

Afrotastic! 

Hairspray on Wednesday. Bloody marvellous. I wasn't going to go more than once, but now I think I have to. That musical is fast becoming one of my favourites, for sure! Mel Smith was off sick, but his understudy was very good and the whole thing was spectacular. I got there about five minutes late (note to self and tip for the rest of you: If you're going to the Shaftesbury Theatre, do NOT get off at Piccadilly Circus unless you like exercising and have a lot of extra time. No. 210 is NOT down at the Piccadilly end of Shaftesbury Avenue!), but "luckily" they were late as well and the show didn't start until 10 mins after that. The auditorium was hot, so I didn't really need the mountain of clothes I was wearing, but two and a half stinky hours later I was still very, very happy, so never mind.

It was great fun seeing Michael Ball in drag. He did look and sound like his normal self after the show, though, which is much more preferred.

As I have to leave now to go home after a hard day at work (oops, just realised I forgot to take the last 25 mins of my lunch break), my drooling over review of Thursday's La Cage aux Folles will have to be posted tomorrow, or whenever I have the time (cannot promise anything; my life is crazy and it shifts from one direction to another quite unexpectedly these days).

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.