<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

05 December 2007

Change of Plans 

I found out today that 1) I get too emotional, and 2) I am in much higher demand than I thought I would be.

Let's just say I didn't take the job I was offered.

And I felt really, REALLY bad about it. But the matter of the fact is that I wouldn't earn enough to begin with, and I just don't have the savings for that kind of a scenario. Last week I started telling a few people that I work closely with that I was leaving, and the general reaction was "oh no, that's too bad", but one took off completely and apparently, it turns out, they don't actually want me to leave! Wow!

So then I started thinking, "but I don't actually want to leave, either!"

And the ball started rolling from there.

Today I was given a better deal at my current work place and thought "great", but then I had to tell the new place that unfortunately I couldn't take up a position there. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They are very nice people and I liked it there, but all in all I just couldn't afford it. So I told the boss and hated myself, REALLY hated myself, afterwards.

Half an hour later she called me back and gave me a few options. All with increased pay. I seriously didn't think I was worth it, so it was a good and bad feeling wrapped into one. I was standing there, secretly thinking "PLEASE don't give me an offer I simply cannot refuse", and luckily she stopped 1K short of the recent offer from my current employers. After all, with my nervous disposition (shh) I probably shouldn't venture into the World of Sales. Which I told her (let's just blow EVERY chance I have of getting a job somewhere else, shall we!), but she seemed to understand. Apparently she has much better confidence in me than I'll ever have.

I haven't felt this rotten for a very long while, though.

Of course, saying "no thanks" to the other job means I have the next couple of days off, and suddenly I have 12 days off at Christmas. Too late to book a flight to Norway for Christmas, of course. Typical. Still, I've already planned my holidays, so...

In other news, I got the quite impressive Romulus, My Father the other day. Richard Roxburgh as director and Marton Csokas as one of the stars? Clear favourite.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.