<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

22 December 2007

Christmas Theatre...No, Not Panto 

I went to the matinee of La cage aux folles earlier today (Saturday) and it is getting even better! I am so chuffed they're sold out. Not that it has anything to do with me, but I like backing winners. ;-) I also found the PERFECT first act spot in the auditorium today...although it did become apparent it is a very silly seat for a notoriously shy person during the second act. I blame the lights for being VERY hot, but it may have been my face turning red when I suddenly found myself in the spotlight for a whole song (I actually knew I was in the wrong spot before I sat down, but it was worth it because of the sheer perfectness of the place during the rest of the performance.)

Of course, Philip Quast still looks like my uncle in this production, but at least he had heeded my tip from last time and changed the timing of one of his lines. (OK, I think perhaps it had nothing to do with me.)

I have also booked tickets for six plays, musicals and concerts over the next few months, so this is going to be a very inspiring spring. Hairspray is turning out slightly on the too expensive side of things, but I have a feeling I must save up for a ticket for sometime in the latter part of 2008. Now all I need is for someone to have the brilliant idea of backing a production of Victor/Victoria! (Yes, there is a common theme here.)

I just have to mention Spencer Stafford by name this time. He is the understudy for Douglas Hodge (Albin) in La cage and due to illness he is the only one so far who has been playing the role of Albin. Now, as my interest in the production lay not with Mr. Hodge, I couldn't care less about who played Albin to begin with, but I must say I am very happy to have been allowed to see Stafford doing the part twice now (and I believe there will be a third time in February).

In case I won't visit again before Christmas; Happy Holidays everyone! God Jul!

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.