<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 December 2007

When Joseph Met Maria on the Beeb 

No, not the couple who allegedly lived 2000 years ago. I am of course talking about Lee Mead and Connie Fisher, respectively, winners of the 2006/2007 "casting shows" for the new productions by Lord Lloyd-Webber on the BBC. Tonight saw them meeting up again and it is quite apparent that we, as the (very actively, at times) voting public, chose the right people for the parts in question. No slips-up from either of the two, and I'm sure the time they've been on stage this past year has helped. I'm proud, for no reason at all.

Well, it's Christmas Eve and I am stuck here listening to my favourite songs. I was only going to fill an hour before some wretched programme at nine, but I have a feeling the way I keep adding songs to the playlist I'll be sitting here for the next three hours or so.

At least the weather is much better than yesterday. I woke up to fog as thick as pea soup and a flatmate who was running around like a headless chicken because she was going to fly home for Christmas. As the day panned out, after giving up on the National Express and instead sharing a cab with four Polish people, she ended up on the plane almost on schedule. Lots of others weren't as lucky. (And that prompted me to add "I Should be So Lucky" to my playlist - gotta love those antipodeans! - which again reminds me I am currently looking for the complete collection of Stingers (just sharing here, nothing to get hung up on - ooh, must add "Hung Up" by Madonna))

Today, after having done the last bits of my Christmas grocery shopping and phoned my grandma and parents (Dad is suffering from the chatting bug, I believe...but then again we hardly ever speak on the phone because it's usually Mum who phones me on my days off), I got stuck with three films in succession. Damn BBC1. So I watched the last 3/4 of Santa Clause, then Ella Enchanted (which was much better than I had dreaded), followed by Lemony Snicket's blah-blah-blah. Then it was time for supper and the aforementioned When Joseph Met Maria. Now you know what I've been up to today.

Oh yes, and I filled a huge bowl with sweets. I think I shall have to put it away, because where it is now (in the middle of the coffee table) it is making me slightly queasy.

By the way; mixing red food colouring with marzipan makes your hands look like you have just killed someone. (Let's just say that's why I postponed my marzipan adventure until AFTER Saturday's show and this morning's shopping.) Don't say I didn't warn you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Oy vey! Don't get me started on fog and flights! It took me a day and a half to get from Dublin to Kristiansund - after several cancelled flights, delays and missed connections, I finally came home at 3 in the morning! Anyway, at the risk of repeating my text: merry christmas! :D
 
Sure! You can e-mail me some pics of your flat since you've moved! :-D
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.