<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

28 January 2008

Calypso 

Hi. It's me again. This is going to be a Greg Proops-free post.

...darn.

Oh, poo. Anyway. I discovered the other day that it's quite amazing what kind of things you remember. My flatmate (whose birthday we're going to celebrate at the local Indian restaurant tonight) is having dance lessons at drama school and thinks it's great fun. Such fun that she feels she has to practice at home, and of course that means I will have to be her partner. I am ecstatic that they're actually being taught ballroom dancing as well as more modern dances, so I join in on the waltz and cha-cha and so forth. (Well, I did. Once.) I must say I am surprised at what my body remembers from the ten years I did ballroom dancing myself, especially considering it's been 16 years since I quit. I remembered half of our old waltz routine, even! It was just there as soon as I took one step.

I've wanted to taking dance classes since...well, almost since I quit, really, but the problem is that it's difficult to find a proper dance studio where they do actual ballroom dancing, and when you finally do, you really should come with a partner, so you won't end up dancing with someone different each time or, even worse, the TEACHER. Alright, so it's easier to dance with the teacher, but it also means that you have to know what you're doing, since all the others will be looking at you. Yes, been there, done that, many times. Wouldn't recommend it if you're easily embarrassed!

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.