<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

25 January 2008

The Competition is Heating Up 

Watching Djokovic vs. Federer in the Australian Open (hey, I work in the sports business, and FOR ONCE the ones in charge of the nearby telly aren't watching cricket or horse racing, so I enjoy watching tennis when I can), Federer just lost (hahahaaaaah!) and things are finally becoming interesting in the world of tennis. Federer actually isn't unbeatable! Wonderful.

There are other competitions heating up as well, but those are on a more personal level. My harem of future husbands has expanded to three (previously mentioned Dale Winton and Julian Clary are just silly candidates, of course, and don't count towards the total), so they will all have to fight harder for my attention. Dennis tried creeping up the field again yesterday as I investigated my flatmate's brand new MFP and scanned a few newspaper clippings etc., but I'm afraid he is not yet a match for Philip, who is currently struggling even though he is appearing on stage in London in my fave musical and therefore VERY approachable; struggling because of That Other Bucket Midge (I should NOT have looked at that video this morning) who has, annoyingly enough, taken over my teeny weeny world with what seems to be absolutely no effort whatsoever, just by being so bloody charming. Bastard.

The trouble with those "admiration videos" put on YouTube by drooling teenaged girls (or, more often than not, by perfectly normal (although slightly bored) housewives and business women), is that they choose these songs that will then forever be connected to the person in question. For instance, I have three such videos among my favourites (the one with Philip Quast is different as he is ACTUALLY a singer, so they've just put one of his own tracks on there): One is for Whose Line in general and features Perfect/Exceeder, Mason vs. Princess Superstar, a song I already love. Then today's newly added Greg Proops drooling video features Biology by...uhmmm...is it Sugababes or Girls Aloud? I always forget. Anyway, I love that song as well. But then, THEN you have the video which I have dubbed my Marton Csokas fave video, but which also features other actors apparently in the same league as him, and the track on this particular video is Flawless by George Michael, which I originally thought was incredibly boring, but which now always makes me think of Marton. And Jason Isaacs. Hmm.

Speaking of my flatmate's scanner, I found my cherished Playbills from May 2002 and scanned them. So, just to prove that YES, I actually went to New York to see Alan Rickman on stage (and is he still in my harem of future husbands? Is he fuck), and YES, I actually got their autographs, here they are in all their glory:

Private Lives Playbill (signed by the whole cast; Lindsay Duncan, Emma Fielding, Alan Rickman and Adam Godley) and, for good measure, the Noises Off Playbill, signed by (let's see if I can remember) Peter Gallagher, Faith Prince, Patti LuPone and Robin Weigert. I'm still frustrated about the fact that I didn't get T.R. Knight's (he was in a hurry) and especially Katie Finneran's (I didn't dare ask, for some bizarre reason, when she actually LOOKED STRAIGHT AT ME with a "any more fans around?" kind of look in her eyes) autographs, but then again I'd already made enough of a fool of myself during that trip...and I'm never going to let myself live that one down, apparently.

My YouTube playlists (random link.)

In other news, and this time it really IS news, I heard this morning that "my" presidential candidate, Dennis K. Kucinich, has given up the race against the other twats Democratic candidates. So now I'll have to choose between the three heads of the monster. Reports like this naturally make me very skeptical, so I'll have to take a close look at the way their campaigns are going.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.