<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

12 January 2008

I Swear I'm Not Going to Move to L.A... 

...although it is very tempting, at least for a short while. Like, two days. Which is as long as I can do without London these days.

By the way, my hair looks almost like his in the picture linked to above, simply because it should have been cut long before Christmas. I guess I should have taken the hint when I went to the hairdresser's downstairs to book an appointment for my flatmate and the hairdresser said "Anything else?" / "No, thanks, that'll be all." / "Are you sure?"

So today I bought a different type of wax than the one I sometimes use. And my hair looks terrible whatever I do, so I'm ONCE AGAIN desperately considering becoming a skinhead. Not to worry, this notion comes creeping up on me every time I've been lingering too long outside the hairdresser's without actually entering, and it hasn't amounted to anything yet in the last ten years that the idea has reared its ugly head.

*puts on some old Bee Gees instead*

Think it's about time I watched some of my unseen Daniel Auteuil films, by the way. Some of them I've had for a year or so. Shame on me.

In other (Norwegian) news, Lommemannen ("The Pocket Man") seems to have been caught after more than 30 years of molesting boys, which is good news indeed. And since he is defended by notorious lawyer Tor Erling Staff, he must be guilty. I seriously don't understand why people would let themselves be "defended" by that guy. It's always a sign of extreme guilt. If anyone had ANY sympathy for you before you were arrested, it vanished when your defence lawyer was presented to the press. For f's sake, Staff managed to say live on telly (I actually tuned in to the webcast of tonight's news on NRK) that being molested couldn't possibly have harmed these under-age boys much. Just because he was molested himself (and let's face it, he is one freaky character), he seems to think everyone will have the reaction he had.

The only other news I'm managing to follow these days is the presidential election in the US, for some reason. Probably because it's more exciting and important than ever. For being the world's third largest country they certainly have too much power over the rest of us! Truthfully, when did you last hear anything from the second largest country, Canada, about invading nations they didn't like and imposing their political beliefs on everyone?

OK, I must admit I have always had a VERY soft spot for Canada. And Australia. And New Zealand. And I was obsessed with India for a while when I was about 12. Hmm...I think I can see a pattern forming in the periphery...

I've also had some extremely good news about a favourite film of mine today, but am too afraid to jinx it and will let you know tomorrow (heh, as if you'd be interested.)

Anyway, very happy to see La cage aux folles being featured in tonight's Newsnight Review (thanks to the PQ Board for the heads-up, AS PER USUAL) (loved the fact that they played quite a bit of one of the songs featuring Quast (have a look!)) and that they chose to show the Bill Bailey: Part Troll show again on Channel 4. His take on the intro music to the BBC News is a classic in its own right.

Well, guys, I don't want to go to bed, but I think I may have to. I see Madness (one of my favourite groups since I saw them perform House of Fun on The Young Ones the first time I saw that series back in the summer of 1998) (i.e. 16 years after it aired. Duh) is one of the guests on Jonathan Ross tomorrow. Maybe I'll tune in. Once upon a time I taped every show (and yes, I do regret not having catalogued each episode, meaning I now have to listen through 14 CD's and DVD's to find out who his guests were...although I am pretty sure I have no one "interesting" in there, if you know what I mean *s*), but I haven't done that since I moved here, really. Never listened to all the shows, anyway, so found it easy to just NOT restart recording the show once we finally got our internet connection up and running over here.

Phew.

Remember, everyone: 2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
In Aftenposten today (Sunday 13.01.08) there is an interview with an incest victim who was severely abused by her father from early childhood and all through her adolescent years. She killed him in sheer desperation, and her bad luck was afterwards compounded by poor legal advice leading to her being ‘defended’ by Staff through the ensuing trial. He totally botched the job out of sheer negligence and couldn’t even be bothered to remember her name during the proceedings. Preparing for the trials he tried to convince her that rape and child molestation shouldn’t be regarded as anything severe and was more or less a form of fatherly cuddling. Says the woman who had her self esteem totally ruined by Staff: “He would have made a much better job defending my father had he ever been brought to trial” - Aug
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.