<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

18 January 2008

In a Mood for Some Ranting 

Written yesterday:

I clearly have too many films. Last weekend they were showing Two Rode Together on UKTV History, and being a Jimmy Stewart fan (sort of), I really wanted to tape it. But my recent Greg Proops obsession got in the way, as I couldn't be sure that the concurrent episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway were old ones.

They turned out to be. They showed the film twice during the weekend, both times I didn't tape "just in case" and both times it was a complete waste of time.

Today I realised I already own Two Rode Together on DVD. I remember a time in the distant past when I actually remembered which films I already had. Of course, having recently acquired film number one thousand, this is starting to be a bit tricky.

I guess I should mention today's plane crash landing on Heathrow. For now, I commend the pilot and the crew. Amazing that they managed to get away with hardly a scratch on any of the people on board. But I am holding back as I am now old enough to have learnt how these things work. To begin with, we're all in awe of the bravery of the people involved, and everything is just positive, but then some bored journalist somewhere starts investigating, and that's when we find out all the dirt and the conspiracy theorists come creeping out of the woodwork. It's all very depressing.

Speaking of which, now that the US elections begin to interest even those of us not living over there, this year is going to be filled with slandering and backstabbing and insinuations. And once again I am going to be shaking my head in disbelief over the fact that not every vote counts in that "most democratic of nations". It must be down-putting to know that if you live in an area where you don't agree with the majority, you basically don't count. It's like the antiquated notion that children should be seen, not heard.

Considering the system is more or less the same over here, I am to a certain degree NOT looking forward to (possibly) be able to vote here at some point in the future. Still, as I'm an optimist (which would surprise a lot of people), I have to believe that every vote counts. Because, as you know, if you don't vote, you might as well just shut the fuck up. You really shouldn't be complaining about "the system" if you haven't even cared enough to drag your fat arse down to the voting booth. You miserable little sod.

That rant over, I really, really wish my internet connection at home had worked tonight (I am still hoping for the best, but it's rapidly nearing my bedtime and the network adapter icon continues to show that annoying yellow exclamation mark pointing out the already well-known fact that yes, we have no bananas)--I was looking forward to downloading a couple of interviews I found during my lunch hour earlier today so that I could listen to them on my mp3 player tomorrow. Seems like I am stuck with recordings of old BBC radio shows instead.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.