<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

21 January 2008

Take Me Back to Paradise 

I am currently listening through my songs. Since I switched from WinAmp to Windows Media Player (blame Nullsoft for not offering a working version of WinAmp for my Vista x64 OS, and now it's too late), I have to rate all my tunes so that I know/remember which ones I like best. I think it may take some time, considering I have more than 21K of them. Ouch.

Anyway, at present only a handful of songs have got five out of five stars, and Back to Paradise by .38 Special is one of them. I first heard it on the soundtrack for that brilliant/dumb film Revenge of the Nerds II, thought it was great and it's stuck with me ever since.

Other songs with five stars are Lady Madonna (The Beatles), Celebrity (Barenaked Ladies), We are All on Drugs (Weezer), and of course Sometimes (Erasure). I am currently listening to Miles Davis but have drunk way too much coffee today to be in the right mood for a five-star-rating for his Kind of Blue album.

Finally got to listen to a couple of interviews with Proopdog just now, after hoarding them all week. I spent the entire day waiting for the fucking morons working for CityLink, and they never turned up. This is the third time for this delivery that they've claimed to have tried to deliver the item when in fact they couldn't possibly have been anywhere near our doorbell. This is not the first time this is happening. In fact, it's the fourth time since we moved here that they have LIED about trying to deliver the item because they couldn't be arsed to scrape together their two semi-working particles of grey matter and try to get the simple intercom whatchamacallit system functioning.

From now on I am officially boycotting any company refusing to use other delivery companies (which could prove tricky, but I have already stopped using favourites dabs.com because of this, and the principle is most important to me). CityLink can go screw themselves. If they could ever figure out how to do it, of course, but trust them to mess that up too.

The parcel wasn't even for me! Grr...

In other news, I managed to trawl through heaps of episode guides for Whose Line is it Anyway? today in order to catalogue those I had taped. Must keep track, otherwise I will end up having lots of duplicates on my PVR's hard drive. And not to worry, I am of course only keeping them until the DVD's are out...sometime next century or summat. (Fingers crossed that by then I won't care, haha!)

(A quick trip to Play.com shows me the gift vouchers I bought for a couple of people on the 24th of December weren't delivered until the 26th! I do apologise. They said they would be delivered straight away. Bastids.)

Well, the episode of Mock the Week from 2006 featuring The Proopsmeister is on Dave in about an hour (sometimes I am lucky), so I'd better go and prepare. Uhmm...doing what, exactly, I don't know. Certainly not having another cup of coffee! I'll be bouncing off the walls if I do. Hmm...pizza, perhaps? Left over from yesterday. There's nothing like cold pizza. Except for hot pizza. And other food that I like.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.