<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

26 January 2008

Triple No 

Relations to Dr. No uncertain.

Started the day by waking up. I like to start my days that way. It's 6:40, I'm thinking "who turned on the radio", then contemplating hitting the snooze for a minute, before turning on the telly instead to watch the CBS News which I taped an hour earlier. The radio is still blaring in the background. Well, perhaps not blaring as much as humming quietly along.

Twenty minutes later I am up-to-date on the current situation in the US and join the BBC newsroom crew for a couple of minutes before battling through the cold air all the way (a whopping two metres or so) to my bathroom. Yes, that is indeed one of the few upsides of our flat; we have a bathroom each. Nice. This also prevents the usual tension which occurs when two naturally lazy people start rowing over whose turn it is to clean the bath, as we now just don't do it and are happy with that. :p

Anyway, more mundane activities later, including my version of standing, sitting, bending, AKA trying to get a seat on the tube, I arrive at work fifteen minutes before I have to be logged in and ready for verbal abuse from desperate (and often sad) losers (in all senses of the word, by the way). I copy 2 GB worth of music onto my work station. I am looking at a looong day with almost nothing to do (for a change) and come armed to the teeth.

Thanks to Aug I finally found an easy way to download and keep YouTube videos (although the program itself keeps giving me error messages, but ignoring them works like a charm), so I'm afraid I spent yet another evening watching nothing but Greg Proops videos both on the telly and online (or rather offline, after a while), completely forgetting both the Russell Brand and the Jonathan Ross shows. Tsk, tsk. Luckily, these days, when the controllers have to fill 24 hours worth of slots every day, programmes tend to be repeated.

So, anyway, here I am, at work with a teeny weeny bit of my music collection brought with me, keeping an eye on the phone just in case someone with no social life needs my help understanding something which is already covered in our Help and FAQ sections. I know, they are the basis of my payslip, but after having worked in customer services for a number of years it still hasn't ceased to amaze me how many dumbasses there are out there.

For the record, I am really GOOD at my job, since I am professional (how annoying, Girls Aloud's Biology has started making me smirk) and don't actually sound off at the customers in any way (except for when they say outright that I am stupid...I'm afraid that makes me tick, but in the two cases this has occured, I've made them apologise to me, haha--imagine someone raising their eyebrow at you, saying a very calm "exCUSE me?"; you would realise your error too)--and that's why I vent here. :-)

I actually stopped by to link to this story, though. No point in reading it if you don't know the Harry Potter universe.

OK, discussion: Pro-lifers, would they consider it murder if someone who has had several miscarriages yet continues to become pregnant (and lose the foetuses)?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.