<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

22 February 2008

Awards and Acid 

I am not that interested in the Oscars anymore, I've noticed. I used to be, but that was when I could watch the ceremony live on telly. These days it takes me up to a week to have access to the show, and that is simply too long to stay away from all news sites and programmes (so as not to have the winners revealed to me prior to actually seeing the programme.) Basically, good luck to them, but they'll have to cope without me staying up all night to cheer them on. Besides, I'm getting too old for that.

However, I tend to follow the different awards ceremonies in the world of theatre, and I can gleefully report that Hairspray broke all records yesterday when they scooped seven wins in the Theatregoers' Choice Awards. I am so happy I am (touch wood) going to see it once more before Michael Ball leaves the show.

In other news, I received a cassette in the post yesterday. As in a "this has to be rewound to be played again and you cannot skip between tracks" kind of plastic thingie with the possibility of being chewed to pieces by a malfunctioning player. I never used to worry about that when all I had were cassettes, but these days, where everything has to be digitally stored on your computer, with backups on servers in three different countries and on a Taiyo Yuden DVD in a fire- and water-proof bank vault somewhere in the mountains for you to feel reasonably safe that you will be able to keep and listen to your music for years to come, my first thought when unpacking the audio book (Greg Proops, of course--I always desperately buy their back catalogue within the first two months of obsession whenever I discover someone new--just indulge me) was "OMG, be careful not to knock it about and for God's sake find a cable immediately so that you can transfer the tracks to your computer before a combination of air, sunshine and possibly acid eats the medium."

Slightly over-the-top, wouldn't you say?

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments:
"with backups on servers in three different countries and on a Taiyo Yuden DVD in a fire- and water-proof bank vault somewhere in the mountains"


LMAO! Isn't it the truth!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.