<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

08 February 2008

Gene's Back! 

All hail the almighty DCI Gene Hunt. Or whatever. Ashes to Ashes looks set to be as good as Life on Mars. We'll see.

So Tuesday was both Pancake Day and Super Tuesday and I must admit I ended up spending more time with the pancakes than the politics. That was sort of because the whole Super Tuesday thing peaked just around my deepest sleep, and the next day I was kind of busy at work. I have caught up later, though, and hear Mitt Romney has pulled out of the race. Seriously, guys, if McCain is the only candidate left come summer, and you're not sure about his politics, at least consider this: Can you really stand listening to that voice for four years?

Watched No Country for Old Men, which was good, although slightly tedious towards the end. Perhaps I had drunk too much sugared coffee. The actors were good, though.

Then yesterday I read John Grisham's The Summons, which unfortunately wasn't as exciting as other Grisham books. I hope they won't waste their time making a film out of it (uhmm, they haven't, have they?) I'm still disappointed about the film version of The Runaway Jury. Even having favourite Dustin Hoffman and semi-favourite John Cusack in it didn't save that film, I think.

Guess I'm going to tag along to the theatre tonight; third time I'm going to see La cage aux folles. It's been six weeks since last time, and I am looking forward to finally seeing Douglas Hodge in the lead, opposite Philip Quast.

First, though, I'm going to read a bit more of The King of Torts (also Grisham.)

By the way, by Monday Greg Proops will have become my most listened to artist on Last.fm, beating even Erasure. I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed or really, really scared.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
I'm going to be forced to check out Life on Mars. Everyone keeps talking about how good it is. :-D
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.