<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

27 February 2008

Martika Was Here! 

This explains why my bookcase was suddenly moving about last night. I had just turned off my computer and was removing the power cords for my external hard drives (always cut the power to things you don't need--think globally, act locally), when I heard this slightly weird sound followed by an even weirder one. Now, we live in a tall building which shakes when heavy trains and wind move about. As per usual, there were lots of wind yesterday and the Stratford Olympics freight trains had started cho-chooing along below us, and at first I thought it was the wind opening my flatmate's bedroom door (which it does from time to time as her window is usually open), but that could not account for the weird sound emanating from the area around my bookcase. That sound turned out to be the theatre programmes I have lying on top of the shelf, repeatedly pushing and scratching against the wall behind. I thought that was peculiar and immediately pictured the whole thing falling down on me while I was asleep. Luckily, since it turned out to be the earthquake, it's not very likely to ever fall down.

So that was my exciting night. Today I am going to spend the day waiting for a parcel from Amazon (Whose Line UK, series 1 and 2, yay) and then contemplating (i.e. making excuses for not) going to the store. First, though, I have to grapple the washing-up.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
Well, damn. You just don't think of England as being an earthquake hotspot. LOL!
 
My female friend described it as "a bit like sex" - the bed rocked for 10 seconds and then that was it :D
 
LOL to you both!

Cato, on that note, what did she say about the fact that it's probably 20 years until next time we get another earthquake of that magnitude? :p
 
I'd say she's hoping for another one soon!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.