<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

18 February 2008

Snooker - Is it a Sport? 

The only time I won a game of snooker was when I momentarily forgot I had to hit the white ball first and everyone else involved were looking away. I was at a horrible date which was going to be even more embarrassing throughout the evening. Sometimes I just wish my memory was a bit more selective. It appears, however, that my mind is out to get me somehow, as the random memories that pop up in my head usually depict cringing moments in my past.

And I blush easily.

Received Flight of the Conchords (the radio series) in the post this weekend and managed to listen through it yesterday. Glee. Quite a lot more of Greg Proops (and Neil Finn) in it than I had anticipated (usually you see his name on the list of credits, and when you watch or listen to the show you'll spot him for exactly three and a half seconds.) Of course, I'm glad I have a tendency to like more obscure performers--that way it becomes so much cheaper to keep up-to-date with all their releases and newspaper blurbs than if I were a fan of let's say Brad Pitt.

Also watched the three first episodes of Alias this weekend, plus tried to watch The Last Enemy or whatever it was called, but I had flashbacks from The State Within all through the first twenty minutes and thought I couldn't go through yet another series where I would be thinking "what the hell is going on here?" until the very last episode, so turned it off and spent my time elsewhere. Which yesterday was in front of my monitor, playing Civilization IV on "Marathon". I haven't been playing games for ages, so that was a nice change. Speaking of which...

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments:
To answer your question: no, snooker is not a sport! Bunch of gits poking balls with a stick (no dirty pun intended)... Trickshots is quite cool though, I must say. Imagine the hours of practicing you must do... Or maybe they just need a life.
 
Also, all hail Hyperwoman ;)
 
Yes, trickshots are really cool. And what on earth happened to Hyperwoman? :D
 
Good question... Maybe you'll tell me one day ;)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.