<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

29 February 2008

That's One Extra Day for You to Waste 

It's February the 29th today, people, in case you hadn't noticed. Apparently, this is the one day every four years that women can propose. WHAT??? What's wrong with you? Woman on telly this morning: "I just wish it would be allowed more often." It is! There are NO LAWS telling you to wait until the guy proposes! Besides, what would lesbian couples do? Sheesh!!!

Two whole months until the release of GTA IV. It's going to be brilliant, I know.

In the news yesterday they reported about (Prince Harry having been in Afghanistan for the past 10 weeks, but also about) Marks and Sparks finally deciding there should be a fee on plastic bags. This is something which still baffles me. We've been used to paying for our plastic bags in Norway for what, ten years or so? I was surprised that there were still industrialised countries who would throw plastic bags at you left and right wherever you went. Many shops over here don't even ask you if you want one of their bags. I usually wear a backpack and have plenty of room in there. I go grocery shopping armed with the same backpack and a couple of extra plastic bags. They're reusable, you see. It's like we still don't know anything about saving the environment.

Since my Whose Line DVD didn't arrive on Wednesday (typical, since it was my last day off for a week), I had to wait until last night to start watching it. Oh my. I am impressed at whomever greenlit that project for a proper run, after having seen the pilot. OK, so I'm thinking back to 1988 and I remember it as being...hmm...not very exciting telly-wise, so they could possibly get away with it, but still... And then the show ran for 18 years! Amazingly visionary or stupid luck for the executives. :-) How could they have known it would turn out so well?

Really enjoyed seeing John Sessions again; he has such a quick mind and vast knowledge it's a real treat watching him improvise. I saw him on Question Time the other week as well, and of course he has been on Q.I. many (but not too many) times.

I'll have to wait until I get to the second series of Whose Line for a young (uhmm...30-year-old, my age, that is) Greg Proops to pop up. Which reminds me, CH4 showed the episode of Just Shoot Me where he plays Turtleneck Guy yesterday. Not surprisingly, his part consisted of about three lines and 10 seconds on the screen, and I've taped the show daily for four weeks just for that? LOL! Sucker! (It was of course worth it. Unfortunately, it means I've started watching that show again. It's not as funny the second time around.)

I may have to get back to work. I'm on my lunch break, but they're filming here again. For some reason there seems to be a TV crew from somewhere in the world present in this rather boring room every other week, and I have to date never seen any of their reports shown on telly. It looks a bit strange that I'm just sitting here writing on my blog and listening to music, though. Darn.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Okay, now are we talking about the flimzy, rip as soon as you put something in them, plastic bags? LOL!

That's all we have here in the US in most grocery stores, and they don't charge for those. I always reuse them for cleaning the litter boxes. :-D
 
Before giving off the impression that Norway is this amazing ecological nation, it's worth reminding "the viewers" that we don't have any paper bags back home.... I never thought about this before coming to Ireland, but now I see that you will ONLY get plastic bags in shops in Norway, which surely is ridiculous considering the amount of bags we use. If shops that sell lightweight things would use paper bags instead, things would certainly improve...
 
And apparently I can use gmail for a blogger account... You live and you learn! :D
 
Pharmacies have paper bags...and...uhmm...that's about it. :D The problem with charging Norwegians for bags is that they don't care, since they're wallowing in money anyway. But at least the plastic bags there are of the sturdy sort, not the ridiculously thin bags, with holes in the bottom, which they have over here. Grrr.

It's about time we ditched bags altogether, plastic as well as paper. Start using backpacks, hemp bags, home-made knitted totebags, whatever.

No, I'm not dismounting my moral high horse anytime soon. :D
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.