<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

29 February 2008

The Wonders of the Web 

Today's saddest technology news. Well, at least if you, like me, remember Netscape fondly from your first fumbling attempts at trying to figure out how the interweb worked. The first three or four years I only had access from campus, and the university had installed Netscape on the network, so we had no choice. Those were the days when everyone seemed to use Altavista for searching (today the Leader of the Pack is so integrated in our collective web unconscious that it's not called "searching" anymore, just "googling") and Hotmail for their email needs. Then we all got Yahoo! email addresses and Geocities home pages and chatted exclusively via ICQ (wow, I just tested logging into ICQ, and I actually remembered my number and password after seven years' absence.)

I never thought I would ever reach a point where I would be nostalgic about the Internet. Wow, how time flies.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Speaking of the internet, good lord, Google blogs have a lot of pop ups! :-D

You know, I never did care much for Netscape. I probably just never gave it a chance. LOL!

And after picking up an extremely nasty virus on one of my computers that, for the life of me, I could not find where it had rooted itself, I'm about ready to switch over to a Linux OS. Not to mention, I always use Mozilla now, instead of IE.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.