<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

08 March 2008

Final Curtain for La Cage 

Well, the final curtain is tomorrow night, but I don't care, since I don't have tickets for tomorrow's show. Instead, I chose to celebrate my birthday in the company of these wonderful performers tonight, and what a night it was! I was much more positively inclined towards Douglas Hodge this time (but still too much focused on Spencer Stafford (chances are I won't see him in anything else anytime soon)) and the "new" Jacqueline was a treat (as I really couldn't stand the previous one (and no, I don't care what others think about Tara Hugo.) My flatmate really enjoyed the show (as I expected her to, of course--she also has a bias towards Philip Quast just because of me (and the fact that he genuinely knows how to sing.)) Too bad it's the last time I'll see this wonderful show in a while, unless they actually get a West End transfer. Still, I've seen the musical 14 times on stage--I think that should do for a bit.

Well, back to work tomorrow. These past three days have just flown by for some reason. I would recommend people listen to BBC Radio 2 tomorrow between 1 and 2 pm GMT; Clive Anderson's chat show (actually a repeat from Thursday, I think) is back, and Eamonn Holmes has a new comedy show about those frightful shopping networks.

And tonight Bluey died. He was the sole surviving rubbery item (not a sexual innuendo) from last year's birthday where my flatmate had filled my room with balloons. I decided today was the right time to kill him. I felt a sting as I did so, but realised I must draw the line somewhere and cannot go on feeling sentimental about absolutely everything. It's just a balloon, for god's sake.

With that, I bid you a good night. May the god of dreams smile upon you.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.