<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

01 March 2008

Sims Galore...and Other Things 

I got both the brand new expansion pack (Free Time) for The Sims 2 and last month's The Sims Castaway Stories in the post yesterday (serves me right for not wanting to pay extra to have them delivered separately) and immediately forgot all about watching the previous day's lovely item in the post, Whose Line is it Anyway, just so that I could finally proceed with my über-talented Sim family from a few expansion packs ago and get them some hobbies and stuff. The game is now starting to look like a proper life simulation (it only took three and a half years and seven expansion packs, haha) with almost too many choices, which is great. I have a tendency to try out everything with my first sim in any expansion pack, so I get bored easily and ditch the sim (family) for a new one...which I usually end up playing quite similarly, even though I was planning something else. But now it's just too huge. I wish this had been the initial release back in September 2004.

Castaway Stories I only tried for about 20 minutes before heading for my bed. Don't really see the point in my trying to sleep last night, really, because it was so windy I spent most of the night lying there picturing our sitting room windows to come smashing against my bedroom wall. I have a feeling I'll sleep very easily tonight (unless the wind increases in force, of course.)

So, rhetorical question: How much of a boozer am I for wanting to try this?

By the way, they should really release Drew Carey's Green Screen Show on DVD. And commission a few more series. Or make a UK version. I volunteer to be a regular (no idea why, since I'm not an actor.)

I bought a couple of tickets for events at the South Bank Centre earlier today, so I have a couple of things lined up every month until July, which is nice. Not too expensive, I found out, so I thought I could treat myself. Nice mixture of plays, concerts and musicals.

Anyway, I haven't been reading any Charlie Brooker today, so I have to do that now. Have a wonderful Saturday evening! I am, believe it or not, going to ditch tonight's UK Eurovision Finals for Ant & Dec's Saturday Takeaway! I know, first the Oscars, now Eurosong...what is going on here?!

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.