<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

16 March 2008

Weekend Shenanigans 

Went to the Lauren Kennedy concert yesterday, at the Menier Chocolate Factory. Didn't know I was going to a stand-up show! She was very good, though. As I only know her from South Pacific at the NT in 2002--or rather the recording thereof--I didn't really know what to expect, but I was definitely highly pleased with the evening (and I would have been, even if Philip Quast hadn't been there to perform, that's how good it was.) We did stay a bit longer than necessary (read: an hour after the show), but hey, I wasn't going to work today anyway.

I think I need to buy Lauren's new CD now.

Earlier this weekend I got a new lamp (hooray, I can finally read in bed), a fabulous Shakespeare reading companion, a foot spa (badly needed) and a mobile phone, but shh, don't tell anyone. Unfortunately I did not receive my pillow within the time limit, so that means it will probably go back, as there's no one here to sign for it for the next week or so, and then there's Easter. Bastids for not keeping their promise.

Today I've spent most of the day watching through programmes we taped months ago, plus a couple of old episodes of the brilliant Boston Legal. A very lazy and relaxing day indeed!

Ooh, by the way. They were hinting at it in the new Free Time expansion pack, though, so no revolutionary news.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments:
You know - I've often thought about picking up a Shakespeare reading companion, but right now, I just don't have the energy to bother with it. LOL!

Oh... sure! You can buy a mobile phone but NOT go on Facebook?? Pffft! :-D

What kind of lamp did you get?
 
Alright, alright, enough already! I GIVE IN! I am officially on Facebook.

The lamp was the only thing which would fit in my miniature bed room; some kind of a halogen light (not the kind you use when painting your walls in the evening and which basically lights up the whole neighbourhood, mind) which I could fasten to my window-sill. Perfect fit! But somehow bringing ol' Shakey with me to bed feels sort of daunting, so at the moment I'm stuck with Faulkner instead.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.