<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

10 April 2008

Doing My Head in - and Others', Too 

7am - I get up in order to have showered before the post arrives.
Some time after 8am - City-Link miraculously manage to find my house, use the intercom system and deliver a parcel which they should have delivered more than two weeks ago.
9am - I start looking through some of my recordings from this last week (which has been completely insane, work-wise, and I'm knackered!)
9:24 - pondering breakfast. Pour cereal into a bowl, grab milk from fridge.
9:25 - phone rings, Mum. Milk back into the fridge.
9:40 - postman rings the doorbell; couple of parcels for my flatmate.
10am - I hang up phone and pour milk on my cereal. Breakfast time! Watch half an episode of Boston Legal. Denny Crane.
10:30-12:30 - skip between Boston Legal episodes and the interesting bits of This Morning. George Clooney, Honeysuckle Weeks. Not in the same interview. Honeysuckle says something about "getting laid", on breakfast telly. Brilliant.
12:30 - Seeing Tom Selleck in a couple of Boston Legal episodes has made me want to watch In & Out. Rummaging through my DVD collection I finally find it and start watching the film. Even the intro music makes me feel good. I must have seen that film about 15-20 times. "She was too old for Yentl!"
2:30 - Having watched In & Out I now want to watch The Birdcage, so I go on another hunt in my collection, only to remember after a while that my flatmate borrowed it a few weeks ago. I steal it from her room.
3:30 - I suddenly have an urge to do the dishes, and turn off The Birdcage (which, incidentally, I must have seen at least as many times as In & Out.)
3:31 - Toilet break. Remember to bring the mobile and cordless, just in case City-Link stop by just as I am on the loo.
3:33 - Some shouting outside our living room window (meaning, on street level, some ten storeys beneath us.) I look out of the window and see three teenagers/young men (hard to tell; they're hoodies) walking in the middle of the rather busy street, at least one of whom is carrying a sort of a bat which he is using to hit the others and a car which is parked by the pavement.
3:34 - My first thought is very frighteningly not to ring the police, but to film the incident in case the police need evidence afterwards. 20 seconds later, the police arrive. The one who seems to have been the worst offender is rendered immobile by a policeman's tazer gun, twice.
3:35-6:something - commotion and investigations going on. Half of the neighbourhood cordoned off.
5:20 - I call City-Link, asking for when my parcel will arrive. The girl I speak to calls the driver and can confirm that he is five minutes away, give or take a few mins due to traffic. I turn on the TV channel which shows the four security cameras covering the various entrances to this building.
6:30 - I call City-Link again, asking why it takes so long for the driver to reach me, whereupon the operator, Francesca, says that she doesn't know why I've been told that he was only five minutes away, as the item was never loaded unto a van today.
6:50 - I get off the phone after having spoken to a rather self-obsessed supervisor who basically says they have fucked up again, but that there is nothing they can do about it. The item will be sent back to the sender tomorrow.
8pm - My flatmate comes home, we go to get a bite to eat, and see blood on the pavement where the guys were fighting earlier. Classy.
8:30 onwards - Watching telly.

I have spent so much time these past six days on the phone with City-Link and the sender of the item I am waiting for, and I am very, very fed up of them. We came to the conclusion earlier tonight that City-Link have managed to deliver only ONE parcel to us since November, even though we should have had at least five delivered, and that one was today. It was confirmed to me once on Tuesday and twice yesterday that the item would definitely be delivered today, but trust City-Link to fuck up the one thing they're supposed to be good at. I have wasted so much time on them, and their sheer arrogance when dealing with me is just beyond all belief. Amazingly incompetent people.

The sender now say they have arranged for yet another re-delivery next week. I don't care anymore.

Anyway, I am going to bed; going to Norway tomorrow for a long weekend (haven't seen my family in more than a year.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments:
Damn, I was looking forward to seeing the video of the fight. LOL!

I must have missed the story behind what City-Link is supposed to be delivering, but sheesh!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.