<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

29 May 2008

Long Time, No Boo-Boo 

I have been taking quite a few of those "Travel IQ" tests these past few days and discovered that I suck even worse at cities, states and provinces in North America than I thought I did! So today I spent some time on Wikipedia to brush up a bit. Then I realised that it wasn't actually a "brushing up" of my school days; we never really looked at the map of Canada in any of my classes, and only briefly glanced at the map of the US. This was in my "advanced" English class in high school. How embarrassing. Imagine my surprise when I hit Edmonton almost spot on, haha! Unfortunately it went downhill from there, but I am determined to one day be able to mock all the "stupid Americans" who don't know that Europe isn't just ONE COUNTRY (sigh), with a clear conscience as I, myself, at least know the location of all the US states. Because at the moment I should probably keep my mouth shut.

And speaking of nationalism (we were, just get with the program here); we celebrated "Norway Day" on the 17th by walking a lot, getting lost for bit there and then finally crashing into everyone on our way to our seats, only to sit down literally 30 seconds before the play started. The title of the play? Rosmersholm. The theatre? The Almeida. More remote than you would think. The actors? Well, all great, of course. I was particularly pleased to see Paul Hilton and Peter Sullivan again. The former I first noticed in On the Third Day and then absolutely loved him in True Dare Kiss on telly. The latter was a brilliant scene-stealer in The Pain and the Itch. The production itself was very good; I especially liked the lighting effects used. I know, that's about the most boring review you can give of a play, it would seem, but there, alas, you have it.

We then ran to the Norwegian Seamen's Church in Southwark. Don't know why we ran, because it was only half full when we got there, with plenty of time left. It was nice to hear a few Norwegian songs and chat with some Norwegians our own age and shop for some Norwegian stuff, but half way through the third hour we were getting quite fed up of the Norwegian "entertainment", which wasn't as varied as the previous two years, and left the place. No heavy drinking involved, even!

There must have been some heavy drinking involved the next week, though, because I cannot for the life of me remember what I did then. Was it really that boring? I remember getting a Nintendo Wii and waving the controller around for a bit (before--get this--I went back to my old Playstation 2 to play some game I used to be hooked on around this time last year). I am anticipating Wii Fit to arrive at my doorstep any day now. Like...ermm...next week. Because lo! and behold, I have discovered that the DHL site is even worse to navigate and more customer-unfriendly than the City Link one! I know!!! So I may get hold of them some time, if I can only find the correct phone number and not go bankrupt while trying to call through them all. Wish me luck!

Anyway, time to pack up and leave for the day. We obviously didn't have too much to do today, as I could find the time to do this. These past few weeks have been insane.

By the way, I would recommend you watch Catch-22 (again). I hadn't seen it for years, but had it on my long list of all-time favourites. I had apparently forgotten why, but quickly remembered when I saw it again the other day. Wow, what a brilliant black comedy!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
You mean, England isn't a city in the country of Europe?! LOL!
 
http://www.purposegames.com/game/states-of-the-usa-quiz/info - that's a really nice challenge/game/educational thingiemajigger if you want to plug the us states. And since I can't seem to stop competing with you, my high score is 64%...
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.