<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

22 June 2008

Hairspray wasn't as great this time around as last time. I came to the conclusion I had to blame the excessively loud music (when Michael Ball can't be heard on top of the orchestra, something is clearly wrong) and the rest of the audience, who just weren't as interested as the last one. Surprisingly, lots more people waited by the stage door this time. Must have been about 60-70 people there, half of whom were teenaged girls, who, strangely enough, weren't waiting for "heart-throb" Ben James-Ellis, but for Michael Ball! Ben seemed genuinely miffed and left in a hurry. Michael was his usual cheerful self; signed a few programmes (way too many to cover this time, though, so most of us left with an unsigned one) and dashed off into the distance (well, a couple of yards away, into his car).

The rest of the working week has been amazingly hectic and I was so tired yesterday, after having slept a record-breaking eleven hours, that I spent the whole day slumped on my sofa-bed watching films. Got through The Holiday, Little Miss Sunshine, Separate Lies, Serving in Silence, Aeon Flux and some TV programmes I had taped earlier in the week. I am bumping Little Miss Sunshine up from 4.5 to 5 out of 5 stars. I want more of these nice, independent films which have interesting storylines and a fantastic cast (meaning people who were actually cast because they know how to act properly). Luckily, we are seeing more and more of them these days.

Added a few films to my database yesterday and discovered to my great surprise and dismay that I only have nine films each with Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart! How on earth did that happen? I thought I had at least 15 of each, if not 20! I am ashamed. I do have 30 films with William Hurt in them, though. And I still haven't seen Alice, which I got about 15 years ago. Hey, it's Woody Allen, and...uhmm...how to put this delicately...I have never understood the praise he gets from just about everyone. Apparently he is this genius film-maker just because every film he makes is a copy of the last one and he portrays himself in every single one of them. I must be missing something vital, or people just don't have the guts to tell him "no thanks, I think you're crap and I can't be arsed to be in your film even if you pay me a million pounds". I have seen quite a few of his films and only ever liked one: The Purple Rose of Cairo.

By the way, Happy Birthday to Bruce Campbell and Meryl Streep!

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
I'm right there with ya about Woody Allen. Can't stand the man or his work. Heh.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.