<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

04 June 2008

I Should Probably Make This Post Special... 

...seeing as it's the 800th post I make on this blog. Not too busy, in other words, since it's been going since November 2003.

Anyway, scrap that. I am going to make another typical post.

Lately I have been watching quite a lot of recorded telly and films, plus spent some time on my Nintendo Wii. Wii Fit arrived yesterday (as I was hanging around, chatting with our new neighbour), so after two days of training I have reluctantly come to realise my stamina is nothing to shout about (unless you want to holler rude remarks). I also really have to remember to stretch afterwards. Sheesh! Apart from the Wii Fit, I have been flexing my brain muscles in Big Brain Academy, pretended to be a surgeon in Trauma Center: Second Opinion and jumped on a whole lot of creatures' heads in Super Mario Galaxy. All brilliant games.

I have also managed to watch two thirds of a series of Boston Legal in just three days (let's just say work wasn't too busy), started watching American Gothic, skipped through a vast number of TV recordings we'd made last year (some were more than a year old) and seen a few films, only now I can't remember which ones, apart from St. Trinian's, which was surprisingly funny! I may have been biased, though. I mean; Colin Firth, Anna Chancellor, Stephen Fry and then Rupert Everett in horrible drag; what's not to like?

Right. I'm going to do something I really don't do any more. I am going to tell you beforehand that I am going to see Afterlife at the NT tomorrow. This is my Roger Allam-stalking week, apparently. Thankfully I realised, by chance, that my ticket wasn't for Friday, which I had led myself to believe now for weeks, but for Thursday. Sort of a difference there. However, now that I've made it official, something will probably come up and either I won't be able to make it to the theatre on time (damn and blast! Must be the Jubilee Line's fault), or Roger Allam won't be there. Or they've cancelled the preview (it happens).

I watched State of Play again yesterday, and it is freaky how many fabulous actors they have cast in that excellent series: John Simm, Kelly Macdonald, Marc Warren, James McAvoy, Tom Burke; even Bill Nighy, and of course the ever-so-brilliant Philip Glenister. Must admit I had forgotten David Morrissey was in it, though, but then I only really started noticing him when he portrayed The Colonel in Sense and Sensibility on telly earlier this year.

Well, I'll go back to watching Shackleton for the fourth time. How I wish they could have waited three years making this; then I am absolutely positive they would have used Dennis Storhøi instead of Sven Nordin. Picturing the scenes between Branagh and Storhøi; well, you can't have it all.

...or I may just continue sitting here, listening through all my Prodigy songs.

Oh yeah, and congrats to Barack Obama for securing the Democratic vote. Let's hope for the best.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
Well, congrats on your 800th post!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.