<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

02 June 2008

Ing @ The Beeb 

Had a wonderful evening yesterday, as we went to see/hear the recording of two episodes of the new radio sitcom Cabin Pressure at the BBC. Now, the main reason for my going, was Roger Allam, who seemed to be in a great mood (despite what must be a stressful period, what with the first preview of Afterlife tomorrow and all), but I had a jolly time watching Stephanie Cole (I've been a Waiting for God fan for many years), Benedict Cumberbatch and Matilda Ziegler as well. The whole thing was actually very funny (even the second time around, when they had to do some retakes), and I will definitely listen to it on the radio whenever it premieres.

Now, anyone who knows me really well knows that I am a bit of an anglophile, and that this could all be traced back to poor ol' Michael Palin. In my early teens, when I was at the height of my Monty Python obsession, I used to say that I would do anything to have a job at the BBC. Since then I have always had this awe for the channel (which is rather ridiculous, but there you go), and my road to a job there is very long, it appears. I once bought some 3.5" diskettes because they were made by the BBC (yes, an odd thing for a TV corporation to make, I know). I also saved last week's envelope in which the tickets for the show came. Yet, it didn't quite hit me until I had been there for about 15 minutes yesterday, that I was actually finally inside a BBC building, after having stared longingly at Broadcasting House in Shepherd's Bush on my way to and fro work these past few years. And then I forgot about it just as quickly, to be honest, so obviously not so remarkable after all, haha!

Anyway, look out for Cabin Pressure on Radio 4. Some time.

He-hey, seems I already have a tag for Roger Allam. The seriousness of my fandom is creeping up on me.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.