<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

17 June 2008

Spore! Spore! Spore! And Some Other Stuff. 

I have wasted three hours today on the new Creature Creator from the upcoming game Spore, available for free from their official website. You need this. Seriously.

And then you'll pay for the upgrade, haha!

Last Wednesday I went to see Judy Collins at the Southbank Centre. So there was me, a couple of others in their thirties, and lots of people in their fifties and sixties. It was fun, though; she had a lot of stories filled with name-dropping (Leonard Cohen, Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, to name a few), and her voice was still amazing. All in all a nice concert.

Then I went to see Superhero Movie and the fourth Indiana Jones film. Both mediocre, I guess. I liked Indy better than Superhero, though. For those of you don't know what Superhero Movie is about, it is basically a parody on lots of those Marvel and DC Comics live-action films that have been cropping our screens since the turn of the millennium. So I didn't quite know if I should laugh or cry or bitch-slap her when the teenager next to me kept saying to her friends: "That is well like that Spider-Man film!"

I have also managed to watch the whole of American Gothic (the series) this past week. Not quite sure why I bothered, really, as it actually doesn't have an ending! LOL! I still haven't forgotten the great cliffhanger in VR.5 which turned into an annoying ending when they cancelled the show. Idiots. Wasting our lives like that. That's something I'll never get about the American TV companies. At least over here they tend to write a proper ending when they are told the series will not be picked up for a new season, or they make a Christmas special or something which will tie things neatly together. Yes, I am frustrated.

Also bought Okami for the Wii. My Gog, there was a huge difference between the controls on the Wii and on the PS2! The whole point of Okami is that you have this "celestial brush" you use to alter the world around you (it's basically a magic wand with ink), so imagine how much easier it is to just wave the remote control on the Wii instead of moving the tiny joystick on the PS2 controller. So I have actually finished quite a bit of the game already! And I have had the game for the PS2 since early 2007. Tsk, tsk.

Yesterday I celebrated my 14th day in a row of getting up early in the morning to work out with Wii Fit! I am amazed it has lasted this long, really. Let's face it; if I can sleep another five minutes in the morning, I do so. But on days when I have to go to work, I actually get up at six to work out for an hour. Wow. All hail my new-found self discipline. It will probably vanish as quickly as it appeared, so better celebrate it now, while we have the opportunity.

OK, back to the Creature Creator. Tomorrow is another visit to Hairspray! Giddy with glee!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
Sixties? That figures :-) Aug
 
Hey, I was wondering about the Wii Fit. Tell me more about it. Of course, I don't have a Wii. LOL!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.