<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

28 August 2008

Verdi's in da House! 

So Frankie Boyle couldn't shut up long enough for his own team mates to get a line in sideways in tonight's Mock the Week...no surprise there, then. Still, Greg Proops looked nice and had at least a couple of new routines (and some old ones). Let's just hope he's left the country by now (well, he has a show in LA on Saturday, so I'm guessing yes--years of travelling between the two countries must have left him with at least an inkling of how unfunny jet lag can be), and then I can concentrate on other things.

Like my new CDs; Alphabeat, Sara Bareilles, Eric Johnson and last, but not least: Verdi's Requiem, a 2001 version with the Berliner Philharmoniker, conducted by Claudio Abbada and featuring Angela Gheorghiu, Daniela Barcellona, Roberto Alagna and Julian Konstantinov, as well as the Swedish Radio Chorus. A beautiful and powerful performance. BBC's series Maestro is doing wonders to my classical collection. I mean, I have kilos (tonnes would be exaggerating) of all sorts of classical music, but they keep bringing up music I don't actually have in my collection (the horror!). The concept is brilliant; eight celebs trying their hand at conducting an orchestra, with relevant judges and also no phone voting! It's like a new era. I guess it would only work with such a matter, though. I mean, who the hell would be watching Big Brother series 453 without having any say in the results whatsoever? Wait...who would watch Big Brother? (OK, I've watched one celeb version, but they're (luckily) much shorter than the usual run.) (Excuses, excuses...)

Let me just share with you my glee at this autumn's game releases (all preordered a long time ago):

Tomorrow: The Sims 2 Apartment Life
5 Sept: Spore
19 Sept: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
26 Sept: Colonization
3 Oct: Order Up
30 Oct: Little Big Planet
31 Oct: Fallout 3

I guess I won't be going to Oslo to see Vi menn, hehe! Dennis will just have to do without me...something with which I am certain he is familiar already.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments:
Fuck, your font is small! I'll be back later with a magnifying glass.
 
Uhmm...ok. Well, there's always CTRL+mouse wheel, if your settings are wrong.

Anyone else having problems with the font? Because it looks fine to me.
 
CTRL + mouse wheel works like a charm.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.