<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

13 September 2008

Back to Work 

I've had a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong (well, maybe not that long) holiday since the beginning of September, and have enjoyed myself immensely. During this time I hardly ventured online at all. I didn't even check my Facebook account! Wow!

'So what on earth did you do, Ingaroo?', I can hear you saying. Well, a couple of things.

Spore arrived one day early, so I was stuck in Spore-land for four consecutive days until I tired of it (as I by then had realised that the Spore universe is far from endless...twice). If anyone want a copy of Spore, let me know. The replayability is nothing near Will Wright's other successes; Sim City and The Sims. In fact, Spore is rather limited. But it did inspire me to get back to playing Galactic Civilizations II again, which in itself is a good thing.

Other than that, I have sorted my vast Whose Line collection properly, I have watched Braveheart and Gladiator and all of the James Bond films starring Pierce Brosnan (AKA "The Last Real James Bond"), I have started watching Michael Palin's Full Circle for the second time and Against the Wind for the third, I have finished reading just one book (Jack Railton's The A-Z of Cool Computer Games), and I have not left the flat for a whole week. Amazing.

OK, two things:

1. The new Lost in Austen series is fabulous. And, as per usual, Hugh Bonneville is stealing all the scenes (mostly the ones he's in, but a few where he's not present also). After three years of reading RadioTimes I have concluded that editor Alison Graham and I have very, very little in common. She just about hates everything I love, and vice versa.
2. Bonne chance to Sue Perkins for tonight's Last Night of the Proms (well, the Hyde Park bit) - I followed Maestro and am certain it was my votes that gave her the victory. Then again, could be that most people agreed with me that she was the best of the wannabe conductors. Nice concept, by the way. Plus interesting to see Clive Anderson's hair again, since I normally just listen to him on the radio these days (a million repeats of Whose Line from the nineties don't count). Anyway, Prom 76 it is, and it has both Bryn Terfel and Hélène Grimaud in it, yay!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Okay, but the real question is, "Did you *shower* for a week?" LOL!

Sounds like a relaxing time off. Were you antsy to get back to work, or did you discover that the sloth life works better for you? I know it works better for me! :-D
 
For once I didn't think about work other than on my first and last days off. Amazing! So if anyone would hire me to do fuck-all for a huge amount of money, I'm in!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.