<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

30 October 2008

Back to the Store 

I had been checking the list on the Comedy Store Players website for a while to see if my personal "dream team"* would be appearing anytime soon, so when they popped up I immediately...after a few weeks had passed...bought a ticket to see the show. It was definitely worth it. You see, we learned how to make vodka. It is quite brilliant. Like Andy Smart said in the middle of the explanation: "I really wish this was how they make vodka" (he was bursting with laughter at the time).

Apparently, Josie Lawrence knows how to make vodka. The first thing you need, is a vodka machine. The second is the firm knowledge that you must never, under any circumstance, distil vodka. This was news to me and really makes the Smirnoff ad look bad, as they claim Smirnoff is triple distilled. So, to make the vodka, you need a little cup in which you place two drops of fragmented water. No explanation as to how to fragment the water, but I suppose that's a secret. Then introduce the sugarcube machine. Its sole purpose is to put two sugarcubes into the fragmented water for about a second or so, and then take them out again. This, apparently, is where the vodka taste comes from. Then the fragmented, slightly sugared water is put into a subterfuge (which all of a sudden became a mechanical object) and soon the vodka comes out at the other end. You may add flavours as you like. Suggested flavours were caribou, crap and cheese & lime. They eventually discovered, however, that if you pee on a cat and it washes itself in a vat of vodka, this results in the best flavour ever. I feel enlightened.

By the way, it took about 90 seconds before someone suggested "BBC radio host" as an occupation--probably due to yesterday's news about silly Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross messing things up a little bit for themselves. And Josie was the first to say something rude. Woo-hoo, girl power!

I finished reading the Black Magician trilogy yesterday, as I waited for the show to start. It did not end the way I wanted, but then again I didn't really have much choice. If I want the perfect story for my liking, I'd better write it myself. :-) All in all a good fantasy series, though.

Now I am looking forward to reading books 4-7 of the Harry Potter series again. See you in May!

*) My Comedy Store Players dream team would be Josie Lawrence, Andy Smart, Richard Vranch and Steve Steen. I am beginning to enjoy watching both Lee Simpson and Neil Mullarkey, as well, but they're not dream team candidates yet.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.