<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

10 October 2008

Comedy Tomorrow, Tragedy Tonight 

I was very surprised yesterday as I happened upon an article in this week's RadioTimes stating that Geoffrey Perkins had died in a car accident in late August. I hadn't heard about this at all. For some peculiar reason I have always shouted "Geoffrey!" every time I see his name in the credits; this has lasted for about...ooh...15 years now? He was one exceptional producer, although I of course knew him first and foremost from the brilliant KYTV (coming to think of it, I also shout "Angus!" when I see the name of Angus Deayton, and "Philip Pope!" when I see his name at the end of some show (yes, he has to be Philip Pope for obvious reasons), and naturally "Michael!" when I see the name of Michael Fenton-Stevens somewhere - it must be a Radio Active/KYTV thing). Have a look at this obituary and wonder where British comedy would be without him.

In other news, apparently previously mentioned Malcolm Sinclair is the vice-president of Equity. Good for him.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.