<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 October 2008

Fall Out Boy in Concert 

Yeah, rock on, etc. I went to the Wembley Arena yesterday after work in order to join in on the fun and watch Fall Out Boy (emo superstars...apparently) jump around and sing. I arrived at about 18.45, and the first act, You Me At Six, went on after about half an hour. They seemed like a jolly bunch of Brits. After seven powerful songs, they left the stage and sent the roadies on. It took them more than half an hour to rig everything for the next band, Boys Like Girls, who were only on for four songs, so all that fuss for barely anything. Although...they were quite amusing to watch.

Two and a half hours after I arrived, the main act finally came on, and gave it all for about 75 minutes, leaving me with a headache and a temporary case of tinnitus, but also with a couple of cool videos shot with my mobile, and a nice memory. The venue was very large and those who were standing by the stage seemed to be having a great time. Where I was we were more moderate (some had even brought their parents), with the exception of a few screaming fangirls, barely in their mid-teens. As I haven't really bothered to become a proper fan of Fall Out Boy, meaning I don't know their names, looks or lyrics (note to self: Learn lyrics to join in at gigs), I was very surprised to see so many teenage girls there, but apparently one of the members is a real heart throb, so there was a lot of screaming and fainting going on. People kept being pulled out from the mosh pit (which, technically, wasn't even close to being a mosh pit), never to return (well, that's my theory).

It then took me less time to travel back home from the venue than from work, even though Wembley is supposed to be farther away. Hmm...

With my throbbing headache, I had no choice but to sit down with a cup of tea and a chocolate bar and watch the recording of Medium with my flatmate, so I got to bed at one and is now seriously tired. Unfortunately, I got a pre-ordered game two days early yesterday, and so I am sitting at work only itching to get home and try it out, but by the time I get there tonight, I may be too tired to do much at all. Oh, well.

Btw, I got Windows 98 to work. I honestly don't know how it happened. It was stuck on the same installation screen all night, so I turned it off before going to work, and when I tried again in the evening, it worked! So now I can play my beloved Magic: The Gathering games again. Le sigh. Now, if I could only get Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri to work properly... Little pleasures.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.