<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

31 October 2008

Fallout! Oblivion! Godot! Etc. 

First of all, wouldn't this pairing be like the ultimate experience for any theatre-stroke-X-men-fan? Swoon.

Fallout 3 arrived by post yesterday, one day ahead of its UK release, and so I installed it while hurrying through the vast mountain of dishes which had mysteriously gathered during the past two days only (note to self: buy dishwasher ASAP). The game itself was like the Fallout series being mixed with the wonderful Oblivion - not surprisingly, as Fallout 3 and Oblivion are both made by Bethesda Softworks. I've been in love with the Fallout universe since the first game, especially since it has been turn-based up till now, so I was both eager to play the new game and apprehensive because of the new combat system. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. It's both real-time and turn-based, whatever you prefer, really, and to be honest, I am pretty sure I will use both modes, all depending on the situation. I am also happy that LittleBigPlanet was postponed another two weeks after all, since it would have clashed miserably with the release of Fallout 3. This way I have a week to explore the Wasteland before going on my first adventure with Sackboy.

Fanboys and fangirls will know what I'm yapping about.

While waiting to get back home from work, though, I'm spending my time reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire again, which I believe I haven't done for about seven years or so. J.K. Rowling's imagination is quite extraordinary.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.