<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

20 December 2008

Holler! 

Everybody now: Mwahahahahaaah! The rebel in me quite enjoyed reading about Spore being 2008's most pirated game, as EA's rather brutal copy-protection system is very unfair on those of us who actually buy games. When I buy a game I want to be able to reinstall it as many times as I'd like. Sometimes, you see, I like to upgrade my computer, upgrade my operating system and reinstall my older games. But no can do with Spore. Three times is the maximum. This isn't doing EA any favours, but of course, they don't care as they're almost running a monopoly now. Thus the reports of pirates getting their own back are like sweet music to my ears.

Ooh, speaking of music...we went to Christmas in New York on the 7th. It was supposed to be...err...a celebration of...I dunno, really. To be honest it was so cheap and tacky and ludicrous I'm not going to spend more time thinking about it.

I will, however, have to mention La Cage aux Folles again. It moved to the West End earlier this year and has received raving reviews. As much as I love Denis Lawson, it should have been Philip Quast, and so I can't be bothered to go see it on the big stage. I did nevertheless see the excerpts at the Royal Variety Performance on telly last Wednesday, and...hmm...is it just me, or did they just do the show a disservice? OK, so Douglas Hodge belting out the show-stopping number I Am What I Am was good, but the dancing...well, in my opinion they just shouldn't have brought that rather noisy sequence with them. It's great in the show, but taken out of context, it may just seem whimsy. Plus, I miss Spencer Stafford.

OK, enough ranting for today.

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
Thanks for your posting and have a nice week!!!
 
Dang, lady! I was starting to wonder if you were blogging elsewhere! LOL!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.