<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 December 2008

There Will Be Blood 

Finally got to watch There Will Be Blood yesterday, and I have to admit Daniel Day-Lewis is a very good actor. And what haunting music! Of course, the end music was very familiar and to my great surprise I discovered I only have one song by Brahms, so naturally had to run out (i.e. go online) and buy his Violin Concerto in D on CD.

The film reminded me a bit of Lost in Translation; slow-paced and not too much happening, but compelling viewing nevertheless. Of course, There Will Be Blood had some action sequences and there was the matter of the increasing madness to follow. Oh, and of course it had Ciarán Hinds in it, which is always a plus.

Anyway, good to see Paul Thomas Anderson back on form. I'm still not quite sure what Punch-Drunk Love was about.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
You know, I was never really interested in seeing this film. But if you say it's worth it, I'll have to give it a whirl.
 
I trust you know that the soundtrack was created by the guitarist from Radiohead ;)
 
No, I had no idea he is their guitarist. Then again, you should probably know I mostly don't know the names of the members of bands I am fan of myself, even!

I wouldn't buy the soundtrack, though. The music fits very well with the film, but on its own I wouldn't be listening to it. Except for the Brahms bit. :-)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.