<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

12 January 2009

1291 Days Left! 

Until Doomsday. Or "the 2012 Olympics", as non-Londoners call it. There's a countdown pillar thing outside Stratford station telling us how long we'll have to wait until we're swarmed by tourists and sport enthusiasts. Somehow I hope I don't live there then (I thought Norway Cup each year was bad enough when I lived in Oslo, and that's just twenty thousand kids or something).

Yesterday was the "you go, girl!" episode of Lark Rise to Candleford. I counted four utterings of that phrase by the occupant of any of the sofas in our sitting room.

Yesterday also introduced a re-run of the brilliant The House of Eliott, which I have seen twice before and which DVD boxsets I have been drooling over for a bit now. I was so chuffed I had to watch the first episode the minute I came home. I remember buying the soundtrack the first time I saw the series, hehe!

I also watched Call Northside 777 yesterday; an investigative drama based on a true story and featuring James Stewart. It was very well made and I would recommend it. There was a funny scene in the middle where a lie detector was introduced. The film was made in 1948, so lie detectors were still fairly new. The guy who explained to Jimmy Stewart how it worked, didn't seem like an actor, and I instinctively thought "it's probably the creator of the lie detector himself". A quick search on IMDb proved me right. Well, he was possibly the only one who could explain the machine at that time, LOL! He wouldn't have needed going so much into detail, though...

Anyway, the Golden Globes took place yesterday and I am fairly happy with the results, even though I didn't win any! No big surprise, really, as I wasn't nominated, but I could have got a lifetime achievement award or something! I mean, what's the difference between me and the person who actually got that award? (So as to keep this spoiler-free, I suggest you go check the results for yourself.)

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
wow, the house of elliott! i haven't seen (or heard of) that show for ages... the only thing i remember of it is the french and saunders parody :D
 
I'm just tweaked that I didn't see Alexander Skarsgard at the GG. Pfffft!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.