<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

02 January 2009

CBB 2009 

OK, so I had to watch tonight's introduction of this year's housemates in the Celebrity Big Brother house. So there's LaToya Jackson, Verne Troyer, Coolio and Ulrika Jonsson mixed with a couple of ex-popstars and a "glamour model" (don't know why they have started calling girls who like being photographed topless "glamour models", because let's face it; there's no glamour in that), a Scottish politician and Terry Christian from the controversial/annoying The Word. Well, well, well.

I started my only kind of New Year resolution yesterday (although I had planned starting it a little bit earlier, so technically it isn't a resolution for the new year); I have to watch one of my many, many unseen films for each day of 2009. Since there may be days where I actually have better things to do, and other days where I have nothing better to do, I have not made it a rule to watch one film every day, because then the project would have been doomed from the start. Yesterday I watched Mamma Mia! (Colin Firth! Stellan Skarsgård! In...spandex?!), which I had received the day before, so it was obviously a film I was going to see ASAP anyway, but it was unseen until then and as such a real option. Today I watched The 39 Steps (1935, Hitchcock), which was kind of mediocre, but then Hitchcock's films have mostly lost their charm over the years anyway, with a few exceptions (like the excellent Rope). I had to watch 36 Hours again after that. Great film, and it has James Garner in it, which is always a plus.

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
Go LaToya! :-D
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.