<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

09 January 2009

Ooooh! Snow! 

Only joking, there's no snow here.

I have been watching a few films lately, though, just thought I'd keep you up to date. Or rather, to keep myself up to date. After all, how else am I going to know if I've kept my promise to watch one unseen film per day of 2009? Let's see...there was In the Valley of Elah the other day, which was better than I had anticipated. By the way, that Charlize Theron looks great even with hardly any makeup (and before you start arguing, she did wear lots of makeup in Monster ;-) ). Good for her!

OK, then I had a Guillermo del Toro day on Wednesday, as I watched Pan's Labyrinth (not a children's story, like I had expected) and then The Orphanage (which I thought was going to be a thriller, but turned out to be a very sad story). Yesterday I watched D.A.R.Y.L., which I thought I hadn't seen before, but apparently I had. Oh, well. Then today I watched 21 Grams, which spent too much time being chronologically confusing to be captivating enough. I'm sure the story was a good one, and normally I like films which jump forwards and backwards in time, but I didn't like the editing in this one. They simply waited too long to make any sense of it all, by which time I had started staring at my chipped nails instead. 3-Iron wasn't too bad. Slow and very quiet (there is hardly any dialogue), but you've come to expect that from Far Eastern films by now. I liked the ending, but unfortunately what seemed to last two hours only lasted 1 hour 22 minutes, which means it is not exactly action-packed.

Labels:

Comments:
Charlize Theron is one of those women that looks good constantly. Bitch!
 
I was going to say "bitch" too, but then I moderated myself at the last minute because I remembered I actually like her and it's not her fault she looks that way. Or something. :D Of course, if it helps, you can start believing in reincarnation and hope she comes back as a slug.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.